Anyone toast marshmallows this barbecue season?

As a child I used to take a twig and put a marshmallow on the end of it, and use the leftover burning embers from the barbecue to toast marshmallows. It was like the dessert after a great barbecued meal. We had a briquette barbecue and it took some time for the briquettes to go out; so I seized the opportunity to toast those marshmallows to a golden brown on the outside fluffy and gooey on the inside.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It's a great tradition that needs to be kept going. And while we're at it, w/ the holiday weekend- I'll "toast" to just about anything! (Don't worrry, I'll be home- no drinking& driving for this girl!) :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My Aunt has a fire pit out back in her yard (she has alot of land), and when we're over there at night time we light it up and toast marshmallows, and make smores with them, lol. Soo good :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Have you seen those new Campfire ginormous marshmallows? Those would be good toasted! I will have to get some soon!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We sure did! Several times! Lol, we made S'mores too!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes. We have a big bonfire about twice a year and hot dog roasting and marshmallow toasting are always a part of the festivities. We always have chocolate bars and graham crackers on hand, too, for those who like a little richer marshmallow.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes. My husband and I have a fire pit in our backyard and we use it all the time.
    soccerfanatic13

Answer by soccerfanatic13 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• i didnt...i miss those dayz
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:12 AM on Sep. 3, 2010