Has anyone ever heard of women who have babies without ever knowing they're pregnant?

It happened to me, and I've heard of several other people that it's happened to, but I'm looking for someone to talk to about it that has experienced what I have. Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• In response to the woman above (I asked this question):
    I didn't feel a thing. I spotted (which I thought was my period, because it's always very light) the entire 9 months, and at the same time every month, AND I was on birth control when I conceived and throughout my pregnancy. I only gained 15 lbs. I had no symptoms except heartburn and fatigue. I am also a very average/proportionate height and weight. I know a lot of people doubt me and I know that you're not, but I am a very well-educated woman who is very close to her family. I would never keep this from any of them had I known. I was with my mother and sister on a road trip from Minneapolis to Chicago when I had my baby in the car on the side of the road. I obviously had no prenatal care and I lost a lot of blood during the birth, but both me and my baby are totally fine. In fact, she is perfect. She is absolutely perfect.
    lebanisa

Answer by lebanisa at 9:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I've heard of it once or twice but I new as soon as I could sorry I cant help :(
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I saw a TV show about it once...but I found out when I was about six weeks, sorry : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I've heard of it before (not that often though) -- only on tv. I've always wondered how that happens and how the women don't know. Didn't you stop getting your period? Didn't your breasts hurt or get bigger? What about the baby moving -- what did you think that was? (Please know I'm not being condescending or judgemental AT ALL -- I'm just curious. So sorry if the tone of my reply comes off that way! -- I just don't know how else to word it.)

I hope you find someone you can talk to. I'd love to hear your story -- I find this interesting.

Anonymous

• wow,congrats. i've heard of it. i was into my 4th month with my 5yr.old,when i found out.i had no signs of being pregnant. still got my period(normal). i only took a test because i kept getting a feeling that i had to. i was floored when it said positive, and really floored when i found out how far along i was.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• lol, i didn't find out until about 3 months. i don't have regular periods and such so..yeah.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 10:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• HOW THE HECK DOES THAT HAPPEN? I KNOW WHEN I GET PREGO I GET SICK AS A DOG... NOW IM GONING TO WORRY IM ALWAYS PREGO...LOL
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i knew a girl in high school like that and my cousin didn't know she was pregnant until her son started moving at 6 months. she had no symptoms at all and didn't even show until 36 weeks. it depends on evil the woman's body wants to be lol
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2008