Any thoughts of alleviating stuffy nose?

I am 5 months pregnant and seem to keep a stuffy nose. Its more like my nose is just swollen making it difficult to breathe through it....Anybody have this problem and found ways to help it?

genuinelyblessd

Asked by genuinelyblessd at 12:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My doctor had me take bendryl to sllep better and I also realized that it helped me sooo much with my stuffy nose. I would ask your doctor before taking anything but maybe something to consider? Flushing your sinuses may help as well, but I hate the feeling myself. Good luck :)
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Make sure you have no boogers. Seriously, boogers can clog up a lot easier then they do when you're not pregnant. Do to the excess fluids running and for some the super sensitivity to changes in weather, allergies, etc. Then try a hot beverage. Whether it's tea, decafinated coffee, or hot chocolate. You can also take a hot shower, or just sit in the closed bathroom with the hot shower running. The steam will help. A humidifier in your home may also help.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Swollen sinuses could be the issue, get some benedryl. Also, Vicks makes this nose tube thing (looks like a white tube of lipstick) that you stick in one side and inahle...it really clears the passages.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I had that problem when I first became pregnant. I called my Obstetrician to ask if I could take anything. He put it this way, whatever medicine you take will be ingested by the unborn baby. I tried very hard not to take that much medicine unless absolutely necessary. At the time I was looking to take tylennol. However,
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You can OTC sinues meds so long as they don't have PE in them. Ask at the pharmacy. Try Vicks vapor rub at night to help you sleep.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My sinuses were swollen with number 1 and 2 for the first several months. Part of it was allergies and part of it was cold. I also had a sinus infection with one of them. If you are having a constant problem, talk to your Dr, he can determine exactly what problems you are having, and he can tell you the best ways to alleviate the symptoms.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010