Agree or Disagree?

There is a difference in believing IN God(s)/Goddess(es) and believing OF them.

(I agree b/c I believe of them, not in them)

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 12:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• There's a difference in yourself believing,and acknowledging that OTHERS believe IMO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Can I go middle road here? For me, if you acknowledge that they exist, it's rather ignorant to deny them the same respect you would give any other... What makes one more important than others? The fact that someone TOLD you one is more important than others? If you can say, Yes, there are Gods, how is it that you can turn around and say one is more of a God than another? Just doesn't work that way...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• no one is denying or claiming respect for any. '

Let me specify...I believe that many Gods exist, but I do not have faith( I dont believe "in" them). And yes butterfly, I personally acknowledge that OTHERS believe.
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• sugahmamma..... many people believe there is a God but many do not believe IN Him by faith or accept Him in their lives so there is a huge difference. There are many who believe of Jesus but not IN Him as well. Even the demons believe who He is but do not accept it, they are the enemies of God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well yes if you are referring to believing in as in worshiping. Other wise no not really.

Even the demons believe who He is but do not accept it, they are the enemies of God.

Thats where you come across as pushy and judgmental. Sorry just pointing out you had me up till that.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• hmmm..... can I tweak it a bit? I believe that others believe in many Gods and Goddesses and I will not say they are wrong or misguided-but I do not personally believe there are many. Do I accept the fact that I could be wrong-yes- do I think I am- not really. Does it matter either way-no.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 1:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• NO dont tweak my question!!!!

j/k ;-)

BUt that is the same as acknowledging that others believe in many, but not believing in them. Kinda like butterflys response.

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• There is a difference in believing in the Gods and believing that the Gods exist.  I find no problem in believing that the Gods exist without giving honour and respect to all of them. In fact there are several Gods I feel deserve no respect or worship whatsoever, therefore those Gods get none from me.  

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nope- no difference.  Both are a sign of mental deficiency IMO.  (Let's see how many vote-downs that response gets).

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Sorry about the tweaking- yes- I guess I am in the same camp as Butterfly- I can not exactly put into words my feelings on it but what I wrote comes close.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 1:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010