Toddler Diarrhea

My 2 year old just recently ate something that caused her tummy to be upset and has caused Diarrhea. she has a regular appitite and no fever. What can i do in the process of allowing this thing to just run its course?? Is there any food or anything at all that will help keep vitamines in her body to help her fight this off or something to help her at all would be helpful.

Asked by srbaby7 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• BRAT diet

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Pedialyte to keep her hydrated! I dont know if kids can take it, but ask hed ped about acidophyllus (spelled wrong, I'm sure) next time to get a chance. Its an extra dose of the live bacteria that is already in your stomach that breaks down food, so its like getting reinforcements in there. Its great whenever you eat something bad.

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• burnt toast. seriously it works. the blackened part will help to absorb and stop diarhea.

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Pedialyte is an absolute MUST

Answer by arouthier at 1:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No dairy (though some people say yogurt helps), no juices, little fruit especially acidic fruits like oranges. If she's fine otherwise, let her eat normally, just avoiding those few things that can make it worse.

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Bananas. Rice. Applesauce. Toast.

I'd let it run its course.

Answer by sstepph at 2:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Blackberry juice. 2-3 tablespoons four times a day. Carrot soup. The easiest way to make it is to use a jar of baby food with a jar of water. (50/50 mixture)  You can also try adding an eighth of a teaspoon of cinnamon to a cup of warmed milk.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• brat diet! For me peanut butter & cheese help

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2010