4 kids under 4, 3 toddlers

Everyday it seems like the same thing....day in and day out. Change panties, get dressed, eat breakfast, cleanup....they play, watch tv or play outside on the deck with me. Lunchtime/naps, i'm cleaning up the whole time from the morning messes....
Up again...playing outside and/or inside, a movie, a snack.....dinner, bath and bed...and more cleaning for me.
I just need some help figuring out how to mix our days a bit. I can tell my oldest is bored and the twin boys are getting into EVERYTHING...so i'm thinking they're bored too.
HELP! Any and all suggestions would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Play school
    Go on a field trip to a kids museum
    find a playgroup
    Go to the park
    Find and indoor playplace
    go to the library
    turn on music and dance
    walk around the block
    learn about your city where you live
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Those were all great suggestions- but here's one to help you out a little- as long as youre not striving for perfection, enlist the help of the little ones in the clean-up process. They are old enough to help you out a little bit. You need a break- you have your hands full!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Try www.meetup.com to find a playgroup in your area, free to join and most groups are free too.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I felt the same way just dealing two with kids, so it must be really tough for you.

I don't know how communicative your children are, but maybe you can focuse on one child at time each day, meaning, you can let one child pick what he wants to do for the day or what they want to eat. Start with oldest on Monday, Tuesday for second oldest, so on, then Friday you get to pick activities. ( I guess you can't really do what you REALLY want to do,but you know what I mean). Let them be in charge of some aspects of daily routine.

I do wonder, though, the heart of the question is not about kids being bored but YOU are bored. For that I do not have a good answer. This phase will pass eventually, I mean kids been so young and feeling of you are cleaing sombody's something all the time. Honestly, I didn't like a bit of it when I was in it, but I told myself that if I do it right here, I would get to relax more in the future
    AnneGreen

Answer by AnneGreen at 2:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010