Do you like Snapple Lemon Ice Tea?

Ok, so I heard that their slogan was "the best stuff on earth"... wow do you pay for that, have you seen how much they charge! So if you like their Lemon Ice Tea...here is the secret clone recipe so you can make it at home better and cheaper (and if you prefer diet, just replace the sugar with 12 packets of artificial sweetener).

8 cups water
2 Lipton tea bags
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice

Add the water to a large saucepan and place over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add the tea bags and turn off the heat. Cover the saucepan and let stand for about 2 hours. After 2 hours, discard the teabags. Add the sugar to a 2-quart pitcher. Pour the tea into the pitcher. Add the lemon juice and give it a good stir. Refrigerate until cold or serve over ice.

Makes 2 quarts.

I just made a batch of Green Tea Lemon!

WoodWitch

Asked by WoodWitch at 12:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• TY for the recipe. I tea.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• thanks- I love snapples!!! don't be too shy to share the rest of the secret recipes if you get them!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i like it
    michelle34231

Answer by michelle34231 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Ooooh thanks! ;) I like the lemon tea and raspberry tea. YUM.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I like iced tea, but not with lemon.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I hate their teas actually....they always have a bitter aftertaste. What I love, is the Snapple Apple juice. Regular apple juice is not only yellow but tastes nothing like an apple! This stuff tastes like eating a red delicious apple! Got a clone recipe for that one? lol
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• LOL are you making fun of my ooooohhh?! Cracking up here. ;) Okay so now I can't stop thinking about tea, I don't have any lemon juice in the house, and I can't leave because I have to wait for the cable company(pregnancy cravings are so fun lol).
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Oh I know, I know, I was just joking around. Enjoy your lemonade, that sounds good too.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• oo if you find the peach one post that too! I love their peach tea!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• thxs i gotta try that
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2010