Pregnant ladies who used OPK tests to get pregnant- here 's a question for you...

I am wondering if any of you got a Positive OPK multiple days in a row and still became pregnant that cycle. Please share your experiences.

I have gotten Positives (test line darker than the control line) on two different tests (taken 2 x's a day) for FIVE days in a row. I am concerned that something may be wrong...so I thought I would ask if any of you had an experience like this and still got pregnant that same cycle.
Thanks

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 12:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I was trying to get pregnant with my youngest, I used OPKs and a Clearplan monitor. Both showed positives for a couple of days. I had a preovulatory ultrasound where my doctor saw two egg follicles (which normally drop about 24 hours apart). I got pregnant the day after that ultrasound, with one baby.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• if you have pcos you cant use the test it will always say you are ovulating, im not saying you have that thats just one reason it could be wrong
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't think I have PCOS because I get pretty regular periods (and they are shorter to normal cycles- every 25-27 days). Additionally- I took the ovulation tests all last week too and got negatives...then on Friday saw the line getting darker but not enough to make it positive. Then On saturday I had POSITIVE at two different times that day. Then same thing on SUnday, Monday, Tuesday and again this morning-- all positives).
    newmamanew2town

Comment by newmamanew2town (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• that is odd, maybe its a bad batch? maybe research on google things that could cause it to say positive?
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yeah- i went and bought a different batch of tests plus I am using another brand as well (First response and Answer). So this is why I am trying to figure this out
    newmamanew2town

Comment by newmamanew2town (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• okay.....lol i went to my website where i look up stuff like this....peeonastick.com and it said and can stay positive longer than normal if your egg is having trouble coming out lol but its normal and it will and sometimes your surge just lasts longer liek 36 hrs you can go there and read the FAQ
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Do you have a history of twins in your family?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes why? (I am a twin and they run on y mother's side)
    Why do you think- the extra lh means I released more that one egg?
    newmamanew2town

Comment by newmamanew2town (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes, possibly. That's why my surge lasted longer, because there were two. The eggs usually release about 24 hours apart, which extends the surge. I wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't been for the preovulatory ultrasound.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• How long exactly was your surge? So far I m at like 130 hours of a surge! I suspected it could be two eggs...but then I worried that the egg was having trouble releasing and that's why it may be taking so long.
    I am 33 and both my kids they had suspected twins in the beginning due to extremely high hcg levels (ad a second sac was see with my daughter). They do run in my family. I have been taking large amounts of B vitamins/folic acid as well as supplements that are supposed to "balance" hormones (Vitex and Maca), Omega 3 fish oils, Baby aspirin (per my doctor). And yes- twins run in my family ...my sister and I, and my mom m/c of twins after us... and they run through my mother's side apparently too. So I guess we'll see... I would rather have twins then deal with the possiblity of ovulation problems.
    newmamanew2town

Comment by newmamanew2town (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010