When was your son fully potty trained?

just curious, because everybody is saying "Oh boys are soo much harder to look after and potty train"
...And I'm like "Gee thanks..."

JanetCG

Asked by JanetCG at 12:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son decided just after his second birthday he was going to use the toilet...I never had to encourage him and is now 2 years 10 months and fully potty trained - he is even dry at night and wakes at 12 for his night wee. I am well impressed with him. NO hassle at all. He is really good at holding his wee too. He did go through a phease of wanting to pee in different things like cups but he trained himself.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Also I would say he is easier because if I take him in the car and he needs a pee and nothing is about and I forget the potty..at least I can get him to go in a bottle!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I waited until he showed all the signs of readiness. He was 2.5, it took 4 days and he was completely day and night trained and never wore a pull-up and he did not wear diapers when we started, it was underwear.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My son turned 2 on feb 6 2010. On his b-day we bought him a potty. BY apirl he was fully trianed. By march he would've been trained BUT we had to stop for a bit becasue on march we want out of state then driving so we need to make sure he was in a daiper. after our long trip we started again then i took a couple of weeks for him to get it going again. Then after he started using the bathroom, My husband showed how to pee standing up, on our first try we had success .
    I really think boys are easyer.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• oh & he wears underwear not pull ups, pull ups look like diaper, that could confuse a child in training.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Both my kids were trained, day and night, a month before their 3rd birthdays. It took one week. I have one of each ... the boy was easier to train.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My boys were definately harder than my daughter. She was about 15 months, one of my boys was 2 and a half and my other son was 3 and a half
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• 3. We started trying at 2, and tried every month, but just a few days shy of his 3rd birthday it was like a light switch went on and he got it - was fully day & night trained about a week or so after his 3rd birthday. He wasn't any "harder" than my girls, 2 of the 3 were stubborn and were older, only one of my girls was potty trained before her 3rd birthday.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My son was the 2nd easiest of our 4 kids (the other 3 are girls). It took us about 3 months to get him day trained. He was 2 1/2 and out of diapers during the day (he's almost 9 and still wets the bed, though). My older 2 girls were both over 3, one of them was almost 4. The youngest girl was the easiest. We waited until she was 2 1/2 to start and a week later she was dry day and night.
    My son is much easier all around than my girls. They drive me crazy and it's all drama with them. My son is easy to get along with and likes to be helpful. I've never had problems with him.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010