How can I get her to sleep in her crib?

She is 6 month and nursing so she still wake up every 2 -3 hour in the night and day.

Ashandalymom

Asked by Ashandalymom at 9:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IF YOU FIND OUT LET ME KNOW, MY 6 MONTH OLD IS STILL IN BED WITH ME. I'D LIKE HER TO JUST NAP IN HER CRIB.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I started out putting my daughter in her crib during the day for naptime. At first I would have to rock her to sleep and then put her in while she was sleeping. And I would do that for just one nap a day, and then I started putting her in it for both of her naps. Now we do the bedtime routine (bath, nurse, story) and I just lay her down and she goes right to sleep. She is 4 months old btw. I would just take it slow. And if she fusses a little at first, just go in a reassure her (paci, rub her back, whatever works for you). I couldn't do the cry it out... Good luck!!
    momonetime

Answer by momonetime at 9:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• family carI moved them (twins) from right next to our bed-to a crib right next to my side of the bed. Now that they are 6 months old, each is in their own crib--on my side of the bed--against the wall. They are still in our room--but in their own bed. Next step (when I can take it) Is into the next room, which will be their room for a while. After that? We need to build more rooms.  We are still--a happy little group!

badvsewingrrl

Answer by badvsewingrrl at 9:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• let them cry it out.. start out doing it one nap a day.. then after a week or so go to 2 naps a day.. then start trying at night.
    lnmauldin7

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• first thing to remember is this will take about 2 weeks (if not more) so you have to persistent and understand it may be tiring but if you stick to it 100% and not give up you WILL have great results. I agree with momonetime and start with nap times. During the day she may wake up right away and cry for you. She'll most likely be unsure of where she's waking up and wants her mommy. That's ok, but if it's only 30 min, try to rock her back to sleep. Play a nice soothing CD in the background (lullabys or ocean sounds) and start it before you lay her down-during your routine. iF you have a repeat that might be nice because after a few days of quick wake ups she may recognize that music and feel comforted and might not need mommy to pick her up and she'll go back to sleep...but again, this may take a couple of weeks! Eventually you’ll be able to just do one rotation. Good luck!! and stick to it! IT WILL HAPPEN

marinewifenmama

Answer by marinewifenmama at 2:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Try the new product called the magic sleepsuit. It helps muffle those twitches that wake a baby prematurely. Hleps them sleep better and longer. www.magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous