How do you lose weight?

When you try to lose weight what methods do you use?

HTMommy

Asked by HTMommy at 1:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• Eat right and excercise
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Eat very little and drink a lot of water.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• recently my husband and I decided to start eating healthy. I can't actually diet because I'm pregnant (also part of the reason I wanted to eat healthy), but we started changing little things in our lifestyle, because we had been dieting before I got pregnant, and it's so hard to diet, because when I stop I gain it all back. So we made lifestyle changes. We stopped using white rice and now use all brown rice (it's so much better for you) we switched to whole wheat pasta and hardly notice a difference. We try to use less meat, and much less red meat. This was hard for me. My husband wanted to cut out the meat altogether, but I wasn't ready for that. But eating less meat and eating more chicken and turkey has certainly made a noticeable affect on me. We use ground turkey in our chili and I bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. We drink far less soda. We still eat sugars once in awhile because we like them and we want
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Drink plenty of WATER. It keeps me full. Eat three meals a day with a snack in between. Exercise,walking is my favorite, dancing a close second. Get plenty of sleep.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• this to be about life change. We drink far more water. For us it's about changing the little things and liking it. We also add lots more veggies and try to make our food stretch farther. It's working for us, my hubby has lost 50lbs in 8 months and I've lost 1 lb during my pregnancy (the doctor says it fine because I'm eating healthy and not junky etc). Somy best advice is make it a lifestyle change/
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I walk for 30min a day pushing my two kids( not fun when you are going up hill) I changed my familys eating habits ! I feel better just by doing that!
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My biggest ways are drinking tons of water especially before meals and portion control. Then there's always chasing around 4 kids that keeps me pretty active
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Weight Watchers, dont snack at night, and go to the gym.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• hahah mamasarah I can tell the difference, but it's only slight and mainly textural with the whole grain pastas they taste sweet to me...its weird....gotta find one i like....I know its a big lifestyle change...I eat too much and eat out too much....family doesn't help that....it's time to change things
    HTMommy

Comment by HTMommy (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've lost over 50 lbs and 49 2" in the past 9 months..
    I drink close to a gallon water most days, whole grains, low fat/low sodium, high fiber foods, tons of fresh fruits and veggies, and lean proteins. I also work out intensely 6 days per week.
    I consume between 1285 ( my BMR) and 1500 cals per day to lose weight..I burn close to 2500 cals per day...so I have a deficit of 500-1500 cals per day.
    It's all about cals in vs. cals out...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010