Accupressure for helping labor along?

I'm set to be induced on Monday when I hit 42 weeks. I have no real signs of labor starting before then (have felt only a few contractions in the past couple weeks) other than being 4 cm dilated.

I've read about using accupressure to stimulate labor. Has anyone used it? Did it work for you? Were you already having a lot of irregular contractions before you started? What points did you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I tried it using both the ankle and thumb points (don't remember the names of them right now...) I was having irregular but painful contractions and past my due date. I got accupressure twice daily for four days and it didn't do anything.
    However, it's harmless if it doesn't work so go ahead and give it a try.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My chiropractor does it, so I asked her to do it on me - she did it twice, the first time nothing, the second time I did start real labor but it was slow, and went on for a week without progressing. Baby #5 for me. A classmate of hers had their teacher do it on her, and her baby was born less than 12 hours later - her first.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i would try the one on the hand.
    also, have you been stressed lately? have you been trying to induce on your own?
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010