contractions for 3 days ! please tell me what you think !

ok so I am 36 wks 5 days and started having contractions monday morning 5 am they have been 6-8 mins apart and have only stopped for a couple hours yesterday morning I saw dr on monday and they sent me home and said to call when pain was 8-10 and pain scale 1-10 they are only about a 5 but I haven't slept and feel so naseaus and just don't know what to do ! I was 70 % effaced and 2cm on monday what would you do ? I don't wanna get th hour to the hospital and get sent home again ! or thm finally stop but I can't keep doing this either I'm shaky and tired and miserable !

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my first I had this happen...three nights of no sleep and contractions that went down to 5 minutes apart. It was labor but it was totally unproductive. I had a problem with my uterus being uncooperative it stopped contracting at 8 cm too. Anyways, unless the contractions are getting stronger and closer together chances are you aren't progressing in terms of dilation. BUT after 3 nights of this I went to the hospital and complained and I was 3 cm with lots of walking around I made it 4 and they admitted me. You could try that tactic.

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It's possible to have predomal labor like this for weeks before going into active labor. Try walking them off, it will either get them to stop temporarily or get them to really get moving. Hang in there mama. I've had predomal labor with two of my four and it's not easy to get through. I let my midwife break my water to 'get things moving' with my second and ended up with pitocin and it was god awful and vowed that if it ever happened again I would just stick it out. It did happen again with my 4th and it was not fun but I stuck it out and it all turned out ok.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i would go back to the doctor
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Call your doc and tell him/her how awful you are feeling and that something needs to be done. Are they not giving you anything to stop the contractions? Do they want you to deliver soon? If the doc thinks baby is ready maybe they can speed things along for you, I know sometimes they will break the water sac to move labor along.

Good luck!
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Are the contractions getting more intense or following a regular pattern? If not, it sounds to me like you're having false labor or Braxton Hicks contractions.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• they are wanting to induce me at 39 weeks they said they wou;dn't stop it but haven't offered to help the said they could give me pain meds but that was it I really don't know my head is so damn fuzzy I can't think
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• they have stayed 6-8 min apart not getting stronger or closer but just haven't gone away either
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• thanks ya'll for answering i think i'm gonna call and see about the pain meds maybe i can at least sleep get my head less fuzzy
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think that I would go back to the hospital if I were you. It sounds like that you are miserable and they can probably do something to help you.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I was like that for 3 WEEKS...Everynight for about 2 hours...it sucked...Get an exercise ball, it helps.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010