Pagan 10 Commandments.... (wiccans/pagans/and other witches ony please)

I found this in a Wiccan mommies group I'm in. I really like this and was wanting to know if I'm the only one who likes it. the mom who first posted it said she wanted to teach it to her kids I'm thinking of doing the same when my son is older. If you do like it would you teach it to your kids or if your dh/so is christian or a different religion and your teaching both paths would this be one of the things you would want to teach from your path? Im not very good puting up links but I'll try to link the website that has the pagan commandments that the other mom posted

http://uniwolf2.tripod.com/childrenoftheearth/id4.html

flower_angel

Asked by flower_angel at 1:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• flower_angel

Comment by flower_angel (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• This is what I am teaching my boys.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'm Eclectic Pagan with Hellenic tendencys and I'm not fond of the 'Pagan Commandments.'
    1. I do offer Honour to several Gods above all other Gods so this doesn't work for me.
    2. Illigical.
    3. Umm, some of the Gods are liers. It's the truth and it's not preity.
    5. I honour those who are honourable not becase of age alone.
    6. Thelogical issues there.

Overall I really don't like how close this is in setup and tone to the Christian 10 Commandments and it's too Wiccan for my taste.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• How'bout we have THOSE posted in every courthouse...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I posted those on my blog a few months back. Love them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I can see how it might be helpful to someone who converted from Christianity and who feels comfortable with the concept, but it doesn't really work for me. I have issues with that word "commandments". It feels too authoritarian. And the "commandments" themselves sound too much like laws or rules. I don't want to see Paganism become so dogmatic or rigid. I've also never liked the whole "DO NOT" tone of either the Christian commandments or these Pagan ones. It seems like a very negative way to approach life. "Don't do this, don't do that, don't, don't, don't!" It makes me feel like a two year old who is constantly getting it's hand smacked by "Father God".
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well I'm a Christo-witch so I have a bit of a prob. with #1 I do beleive there are many gods, but I only truly honor one in means of worship. I agree with the other ones 100%. However when my kids are older I will introduce them to it, because I want them to be knowledge in all religions so that they may make a knowledgable choice when it comes to their own.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Ten Commandments have nothing to do with my Paganism. To me, it's a complete contradiction. I follow common sense rules.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2010