Is he NUTS?

Ok, So we have a 6 yr old son that has an behavioral issue. He can down right make you insane, seriously!!! but I try to have patience with him, I have too, he's my son. My SO tries to be patient too but sometimes he cant control his anger and he does some really stupid things.

So we take the kids out today. We go to a fair and after we go to a pumpin patch and get the kids pumpkins. At the fair my my son wins 2 stuffed animals by playing games. So my son comes home with 2 stuffed animals and his pumpkin.

On the way home in the car my son and daughter get into a fight and when we get home my SO tells them they have time out and puts them on the couch and takes there things away. My son throws a fit and starts screaming and yelling so my SO rips the head off of his stuffed animals and throws his pumpin down on the living room floor where it explodes and seeds are everywhere. I start screaming like a maniac at my SO.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• continued...
    At this point all the kids are scared and shaken.. This happens in my house at least every 2 weeks if not sooner. I think my SO needs anger management like yesterday but he doesnt seem to think so. Its driving me CRAZY and I dont know what to do. Any advice for me?

Thanks in advance!
    Anonymous

• yep I vote for anger management classes!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• HOW DOES HE EXPECT THE CHILD TO BEHAVE WHEN HE IS BEHAVING LIKE A ROTTEN CHILD HIMSELF? ANGER MANAGEMENT FOR SURE! IF NOT YOU NEED TO GET HIM AWAY FROM YOUR BABIES IF HE CAN'T BEHAVE!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I vote for anger management classes. If he is unwilling to go, then I would consider other options where your children will be around more positive role models.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• anger management!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 10:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• No child can be expected to behave normally when the parent sets that kind of example. I wouldn't let anyone label my child with a behavioral issue when the root of it can be so easy to find. And to over come. Your SO needs to decide whether he cares more about himself or the life of the children.

peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 10:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• WELL HE WAS JUST DEAD WRONG FOR THAT!

THEM CHILDREN ARE PROLYL SCARED OF HIM. THAT IS NO WAY TO ACT TOWARD A CHILD... HE DEF. NEEDS ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES.

AWW I FEEL SO SORRY FOR UR SON THAT PROLLY REALLY HURT HIS FEELINGS. U SHOULD TRY TO SOW THE HEADS BACK ON
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I agree with the people that say that your kids behaviour is probably a consecuence of your SO attitude, you cannot tell a kid that to act in one way is wrong and then go and do it yourself.
    I would totally tell my SO to go and take anger management classes, that attitude can only escalate and then as your kid grows older it can get really bad.
    dylansmommy626

Answer by dylansmommy626 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Thanks for everyones comments. I totally agree. I just can't seem to get SO to understand. Its so stressful because one minute he is so loving and I feel like the luckiest woman alive and then the next I just wish he would disappear. I am definetly not torn between the two because my children come first but its just so hard because I love him too. Flaws and all but I can just see this getting REALLY out of hand and some one "accidentally" getting hurt or worse. I cant just sit back and think everything will get better. I have and it hasn't. I just don't know what to do. My heart hurts.
    Anonymous

• What if that anger is brought out on one of your children? It is your job as a Mother to protect them, even if that's from the person, you all love. I would arrange anger management for him.
    How is your son ever going to learn to control his emotions if the "teacher" cannot control his? Monkey see... monkey do! I would not offer classes, I would demand them or some kind of conseling help. Or get them away from him.
    MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 10:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2008