curious 4 year old ds adult content

my son (4) has watched me nurse my daughter for the last year and all of a sudden is always wanting to touch my breasts. i tell him that is not ok and that is a private spot on mommy's body. i tell him it has baby milk in it and that when when his sister is not a baby she wont be able to nurse anymore but he still always wants to touch them. he tries to lift my shirt up and says im only trying to help my sister nurse. its making me very uncomftorable. what should i do?

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe explain about private parts on everyone male and female and why it is not okay for just anyone to be touching them
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Keep up with the lessons about privacy and them being for his sister's meals only.
    On a lighter note,I guess he's gonna be a boob man!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• lol butterfly. i have told him about privacy and why people cant touch other peoples privates. ive explained that the only time mommy can touch him is if im helping him potty (but that was when he was still potty training now he goes all by himself so i dont need to help) and that the doctor is the only other person who needs to see it because he needs to make sure ds is healthy and not sick. (im a single mommy and daddy isnt in the pic which is why he was left out of it all) its not helping. do i just start disciplining him for it?
    mommy06and09

Comment by mommy06and09 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think he's at an age when he is realizing that girls and boys have different bodies. Keep telling him about privacy and try to be more discreet when nursing. That is the age I stopped undressing in front of my older son.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My four year old has started resting his hand on my breast when we are cuddling. I think it is just because he sees the time his little brother and sister have and somehow he feels closer to me. Maybe even it brings back memories for him. I don't know, but at this point it hasn't made me uncomfortable. But then again he does it over my clothes, not when I don't have my shirt covering them! :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i tried to bf my son when he was born but we had too many problems so he cant be having flashbacks lol. but i do wonder if he wants to feel that closeness that she and i have. I try my hardest to make him feel loved but he does get disciplined for things that she is only told no for (taking toys, hitting, things she is just now learning about vs things he know better) i think he is jealous that she doesnt getthe corner like he does. she is also allowed to do things that he can no longer do (like sleep with mommy) but he is just too big and old for those things. i try to tell him that when he was her age he did the same but now he is a big boy and big kids dont do that. i tell him when she is 4 she wont do those things either...
    mommy06and09

Comment by mommy06and09 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Just explain to him that your breasts are for feeding the baby and he needs to respect that and stop trying to touch them. Maybe give him something special that he can do only when you are nursing?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I took a different approach...I let our son see them and touch them a few times, he got that out of his system.

Simply explain what they are, what they do and how magically wonderful they are!

From then on, you will be better suited to say "no" and enforce the "private area" notion.
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 11:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010