Is my dog pregnant! I can't believe I didn't notice!

First off, my papered beagle had plans to be bred legit, she has great bloodlines. A certain special two year old snuck out of bed while I was showering, at 10 pm a month and a half ago, and let Miss Daisy right out the front door. Of course she is in full blown heat! Ugh. So today I go to pick her up and she feel like a cinderblock!! Her boobs are bigger, and she's been barfing a lot. She is hiding under the coffee table and I can't get to the vet until friday when I get paid. Geeze. She isn't a very big dog and she didn't look like she was HUGE preggo. Btw, no need to tell me to lock my doors at night! Got it! ;) Ugh, I was waiting another year for this when we moved to the bigger house. So I guess I'm asking does a dog have to look big and breg to be preg?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pets

• nope simple as that....and if her teets are filling up she might be.....good luck....
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• if her boobs are bigger and she has been hiding a lot i would say that is what my cat did when she was pregnant so just get her to the vet to find out for sure
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• could be a false preg too they get milk but no puppies my dog had that once but if she was out i would check with the vet
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• well, I guess we'll make it work. I'm sure they will be adorable, we found her in the neighbor beagle's yard.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• If you can't take care of your dog and allow her to get pregnant, maybe you are not responsible enough to even OWN a pet. I feel sorry for pets whose owners allow them to run free. They need to be on a leash or in a kennel or in a fenced yard, not roaming around. Pets are hit by cars or stolen all the time. Take care of your pets,people!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• what is a "papered beagle" ? A new breed?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Wow that was really rude gertie. Things happen. Did you read the post at all?I didn't just let her run loose. And if you don't know what a papered breed with great bloodlines is you shouln't have a dog let alone be commenting on this.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Wow gertie41 thats a bit harsh don't you think? I mean we are all carbon based right? Shit happens. What does your response have to do with her question?

If she is pregnant...you say by another beagle, then have fun with cute puppies!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Where did I state in my post that I let my animals run around. She was actually in her kennel in the kitchen when I went to shower. What was I supposed to do? I knew someone would make some judgemental ignorant remark on this...ah well
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• gertie41 a papered dog means she is registered with some sort of dog registration say such as an akc or ckc etc. she didn't let the dog run free she took off when her toodler opened the door. our dogs sometimes boot right out the door when i answer it or the boys don't see the dogs running for the door when they answer it. doesn't make them a bad owner. bad owners don't feed, hit or tie their dogs up. she is probably pregnant. take her to vet or just wait. count down from the time she got out to 63 days which is an average due date some smaller dogs go sooner some bigger dogs go later. good luck on the puppies.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010