Fertility and breastfeeding--advice and help please :)

I'm still breastfeeding my 13 month old. Although, he eats a ton of solid foods. I pump during the day. He still eats at nighttime. How can I increase my fertility. We want to have another baby ASAP. I still haven't had a pp period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You can take Vitex. Vitex is completely safe while breastfeeding and will help increase your hormones.

Like I just explained in another post many women do not ovulate until after a year and if your period hasn't returned there is a good chance that you are one of them.

In the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility it says you can bleed without ovulating but if you ovulate without fertilizing the egg you WILL bleed. Toni is considered to be a fertility expert so I would say you can trust that you either haven't ovulated yet or you JUST recently ovulated and a period hasn't happened for you yet.

Read the other post about breastfeeding and TTC for the rest of my responce.

And get charting...that's the best way to know if you are fertile or not!
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Really short of weaning or limiting his nursing there isn't much you can do. My period returned around 15 months with both kids. If you are pumping during the day maybe think about cutting that back a little. My LO actually started refusing the pumped milk around 13 months old and would only take it straight from the tap. Good luck!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• have sex and start trying.....you can still get pregnant...just because you aren't bleeding doesn't mean anything
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 2:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010