WHAT TO DO ?

I have been with my boyfriend for 8 yrs and we have 2 kids together one is 6 and the other is 2months we have been having alot of trouble but more now since i had my baby it's like he don't spend time with us he has company everyday and they sit and play the game and drink then he comes up about 11:30 p.m to get the baby after i have been tied down with him all day it's to the point where every time we plan on spending time together they pop up .We go out to eat they want to go or sit in the car he take me to work or pick me up they are there and i keep telling him we need some time together without them.I really want to leave because i feel like i am in this by myself and if i am going to be doing everything by myself then he should just leave there's no point of him being here but at the same time i don't want my baby to miss out on what good times my other child had .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• AHH HONEY, HANG IN THERE. IT'LL GET BETTER.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If he's not spending time with his family then there won't be any good times had. Follow your heart - If you're happy your children will be too. As for your BF, I think that he needs to grow up. Sure time with friends is good. But when you have a family, that should come first.
    Anonymous

• Maybe if you two were in a marriage he would take his role as father and husband seriously.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't just up and leave. give him a chance to change it first. tell him exactly how you feel about it. calmly explain how it makes you feel. maybe he could pick a certain day of the week that he hangs out with his friends and you should have your day as well. he needs to realize he has a family and you guys come first! but, like i said, give him a chance to change that first.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 9:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• My ex wasn't ever home, and it sounds like yours isn't "home" either. He's there, but not doing the family thing. I finally decided that if I was going to do it alone, then I would be alone! I had two babies 9.5 months apart with him, and all he did was sit at the bar, or a buddies house. I am not telling you to leave, but I finally got the courage to do it, and I was a much happier person! Best Wishes:)
    mama14572

Answer by mama14572 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Family should come first. I hope your BF pulls his head out of his ass before it's too late and he has missed out on having a relationship with is children.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Do you have a relative that could take the kids for a few hours so you can unwind a little? You sound like you need a break. Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 5:31 AM on Oct. 12, 2008