How did you mothers fair with introducing two toddlers to a new baby?

My older one is 3 and the other is going to be 2 soon. They both love babies and Im not so worried about jealousy when the new baby comes but Im still curious to know how did other mothers fair with similar situations ^_^

ShadowXX

Asked by ShadowXX at 2:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My two never missed a beat when the third one was born. They loved him to pieces and there were no problems.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I tried to include them in the preparations...buying clothes, blankets, supplies....and tried to make it fun. After baby was born, we took time to have them come in before everyone else and meet him, hold him and get their big brother/sister gifts. Since then, I have continued to try to involve them as much as possible in his care and play time. They love him to pieces and we did not have issues at all!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My kids were 3 and 14 months when my daughter was born. From day one i tried to let them know they had a bub or sis in mommys belly and when it was big enough then they could play with it. They played with my belly as she moved and when i found out it was a girl and the name they called her sissy even in my belly. When she was born they were just as excited as we were. They held her and played with her just like they did any other kid around.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I am hoping it goes well I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and I am due in November!!!
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My kids are 3.5 and 29 months... and they now have a 26 day old little sister. We told them she was coming and did our best to prepare them. When she was born, we just brought her home. No big deal was made, life just went on. I didn't want to freak them out, or give a bunch of extra attention that would die down later on and possibly cause jealousy.

They sit with her while I nurse, help with diaper changes and play with her. No jealousy and they adore her! Good luck!
    Randi02

Answer by Randi02 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I never had any issues. My older kids were 13 months and 28 months when our 3rd child was born. They barely batted an eye when we brought her home. They always had each other to play with and keep each other entertained so they didn't notice that most of my time was taken up by the baby.
    And they adored her to pieces. Both always wanted to help with her.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010