Sunshine and breastfed baby stains?

Has anyone heard that sunshine will get the poop stains out if the baby is breastfed?

Can you tell me more about this?

shortmama83

Asked by shortmama83 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmm..never heard of that one. but since the sun can bleach just about anything, I don't see why it's not possible.

I just use oxyclean though :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT. i USE SHOUT I THINK IT'S IN A BLUE BOTTLE, WORKS WONDERS!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• oh and shout with resolve in it works well too!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Rinse, rinse, rinse as soon as possible and I use the baby dreft cleaner, its proven to get out #2 stains, along with blood and urine. OXY works nice too. Just be careful, that stuff tends to bleach sometimes.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 10:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• mix 1/2 dreft laundry detergent with water in a spray bottle--use it on stains--it works great!
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i use the dreft stain remover spray
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i use tottaly toddler from toys-r-us after soaking it in cold water for a little bit and it works good
    tysbaby08

Answer by tysbaby08 at 4:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Cool. so it's good to hear what you all use for stains...but I'm really really wondering about this little "trick" i heard and if anyone else has heard of it....
    I thought it sounded kinda strange, but then my cousin insisted it really worked.
    so i guess I'll just have to give it a shot in a few months when the baby is born. : )
    shortmama83

Answer by shortmama83 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It works great! I use it with my cloth diapers and never had stains that last. The sun can easily remove stains. ALso lemon juice works. Much better than the other options for baby's stin too.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2008