yeast diaper rash

What have you found to be the best way to treat yeast ? My son is in so much pain , he got i think because he has been on alot of antibiotics because his ears ( he is going to be having tubes put in )

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 9:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nystatin Cream... I would call the Pedi, and have Him\her call some in to your pharmacy .. Good luck with the tubes.. my little one had them put in at 8 months and we haven't had a Problem with infections since!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I agree nystatin is the only thing i use on my two kids !! add a coating of vasaline watch the differance by the next diaper change. relief for your child
    sogeorgous

Answer by sogeorgous at 10:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i had this same question yesterday..i got about 40 answers and most of them told me that an athletes foot cream would fix it..so that's what i went and bought :) it seems to be clearing up..
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 10:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• athletes foot cream!!! way easier to get and works on the same thing. It's a bacterial infection. If you don't want to buy "athlete's foot cream" to put there, buy Jock Itch cream, exactly the same thing, just a different name on it so people will buy it. a pea size amount rubbed in well in the morning and before bed will greatly improve the rash in about 24-48 hours, generally use for 5-7 days so no reoccurance.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If he is old enough to eat yogurt that puts the good bacterias back into your body. Its always good to eat yogurt when on anitbiotics.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Go get anti bacterial cream.Stuff used for jock itch or athletes foot.it may sound grose but it really works.i use it one my son when he gets really bad diaper rash/yeast infection.there is also a cream called triple paste.i love it.it works miricles.
    HesMyWorld2007

Answer by HesMyWorld2007 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• well my daughter had the same kinda rash and i ried everything and the thing that worked for me was 1. put yogurt straight on the rash 2. cortizon cream mixed with desitn...and cake it on there every diaper change and after a bath let him air dry for like 10 or 15 min just play with no diaper th more air that gets to it the better.. and dont put his diaper on that tight leave it loose so air can get in..
    MOMofONE120507

Answer by MOMofONE120507 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You're right about the antibiotics, they can lead to a yeast rash. A prescription works the best called nystantin, the dr will know it. You can put antifungal cream for either a vag yeast infection or athletes foot cream on him in the mean time. Do get the scrip though, it works better than the clotromiazole or tolfanate cream.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 5:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2008