Does anyone ever feel......

anxious all the time? There is no single root for my anxiety, but I was just wondering what any of you ladies do to calm yourself down......

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• I've been diagnosed with GAD and have been medicated and even though the medication helped with the anxiety, it made other things worse like it took away a lot of my energy, made me nauseous, and even if I skipped one dose I'd feel like I was hit by a bus.

I really can't tell you what worked for me, because I never quite figured it out myself. It would just go an come on its own and over the years it's improved a lot. I can tell you that I notice I'm more anxious when things are more stressful, even if the stress and anxiety don't relate. So the only advice I can really give is try and weed out some of the stressors in your life, do things that make you happy, and give yourself something to look forward to each week even if it's something little like going to dinner with family.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Deap breathing, being around ppl you love, getting out and doing something for yourself, and in extreme cases a slight sedative. lol. No, seriously. I have panic attack dissorder and know better than anyone how uncontrollable anxiety can feel.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have had anxiety issues for years. One of the things that helps the most is to learn breathing techniques and to try to come up with a phrase to repeat to yourself when you are having an anxiety attack. Also, its important to try not to let your mind wonder, keep yourself busy. Mine is bad enough that I have to be on a low dose of an anxiety med but it is not habit forming and that along with breathing helps a ton.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010