August wedding- ideas, colors and themes?

do you have any ideas? We are getting married next August but have no idea what to do .... it will be on the lower side of the budget but we have a family freind who is letting us hold our wedding and reception on their property.... so now we just need to figure out this other stuff before we can move on

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My friend got married in August and had the most beautiful wedding. He colors were red, brown, yellow, orange. It was so lovely and nice for the season.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Even though it is still hot in August, it makes me start thinking of Fall. I think Yellow, Orange adn Brown would be Beautiful. Are you having an outside wedding? What is the setting?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• A Garden theme would be nice. I imagine lots of wild flowers & sunflowers. Yellow and Lavender would be pretty colors. White cloths with yellow & lavender napkins and flowers like Hydrangeas too. Congratulations!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I like a shimmery pumpkin color !
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Think COOL!! LOL I kinda like the fall colors myself. Finger foods are a good way to go for intimate occasions. Congrats and Best Wishes!!
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 2:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• theknot.com is an excellent wedding resource. You can see alot of pics from actual weddings and see what you like. By planning a year in advance you can start doing alot of stuff yourself and save alot of money! After every season the flowers are clearanced out from michaels, joanns and other craft stores. Hobby Lobby has great stuff too!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I like these colors. It's summery but still gives that "almost autum" feel.

http://www.theswishlist.com/images/its_so_swish/CeleryPeachOrange.jpg
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My friend JUST got married and had beautiful colors for her wedding, browns, oranges, this really pretty color green ive never seen before, ivory, and black and a hint of pink. I know it sounds weird but it turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• it is outside... in kind of a field
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I was going to say what everyone else said. LOL My friend had one a long time ago with red, orange, yellow, green and brown as her colors. They even had silk leaves in those colors scattered about.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010