I am 16 weeks pregnant and babysitting. The 3 year old I babysit jumped on my stomach. Should I be worried? I am still in pain, and have not had any blood yet, what should I do?

Jennylen

Asked by Jennylen at 10:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Everything should be okay - Remember that the womb is a protective bubble for your baby with the amniotic fluid there to cushion. As a nurse I would advise you to watch for bloody show, pay attention to anything that you may think are contractions, and if you still are worried - by all means give that doc a call........that's what he's there for.
    lukinggood

Answer by lukinggood at 10:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• WHEN I WAS PREGGO MY 7 YEAR OLD ACCIDETALLY KICKED ME IN THE STOMACH HARD ENOUGH FOR MY TENANT TO MOVE LIKE SHE WAS STARTLED AND SHE WAS FINE.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• my nephew jumped on my tummy ALL the time!! but i have my daughter :) but if you're concerned go to the doc.
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 10:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• When you go in for your monthly visit say something to the doctor.UNLESS you see blodd or are having really bad pains in your abdomen area
    HesMyWorld2007

Answer by HesMyWorld2007 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my first child, my huge cat (22 lbs) jumped full fledge down on my stomach. I was so scared because I was in so much pain. I called the doctor and they had me come in. He listened to the baby's heartbeat and said eveything should be fine. That the pain I had was probably just bruising, that the baby is safe inside of the amniotic sack. But for your piece of mind, you probably should still call your doctor. But if there's no blood, the baby should be fine.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• First, relax! You said you didn't have any blood yet, YET? Think positively, you're sounding like you're expecting to lose the baby. I don't think you're child is in jeopardy. If anything, you might have a bruised muscle or a strain. You should start feeling strong movements any time now. Once you feel kicks and punches you'll be able to relax some because you'll just feel your child move and know all is well inside. Relax Mom, it's gonna be ok.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 5:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• RELAX!!!!! the womb is the strongest muscle and the amniotic fluid is the most shock resistant device in the world. i fell on my belly flat at 8 months from slipping on a patch of ice. know who was hurt? ME and my ego of course lol. let your dr know about the fall of course but relax mama!!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2008