Does Obama want to take GOD out of the Pledge and off of our money?

Out of America?

emturner

Asked by emturner at 10:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know if Obama wants to or not, but this issue has been around for decades.
    "God" was put in the pledge long after the pledge was originally written and the reasons the phrase was added were incredibly stupid and naive. People have been objecting to the added phrase since it was added over 50 years ago.
    As for the money, that too has been the source of controversy for many decades and there has long been a movement to have the words removed from our money.
    Would this take God out of our country? Of course not. Does "She" even care that "She" is on money? Or is the God being referred to an 4-armed "It"? Who says it's the Judo-Christian God? If you are certain that the Judo-Christian God is the one being referered to, does that mean that He is the official God for the US? What happened to Freedom of Religion? Oh, I see - Freedom of Religion provided everyone follows YOUR religion.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• no
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• well, he didn't put his hand over his heart during the Star Spangled Banner, i was reading a post and one woman said that he was in an interview and instead of saying "my Christian faith", he said "My muslum faith", (she had a link, but i don't have it) and i believe it was the interviewer who corrected him. i believe the only reason it's not all over the news is because the liberals would have a fit if it came out. I don't think he will right away, but he might later on down the road. they've already tried doing it a few years ago, but it didn't work.
    Anonymous

• prolly not, but seriously, money is money and it could say "i eat my own sh*t" and people would still spend it.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 10:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• No, he doesn't.

And kaycee's point is AMAZING, by the way =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• um no, if you have a religion you have a God, even though they all have different names.
    Anonymous