pregnancy test question....

my pregnancy tests came back positive. but the doctors came back negative. and my last period was July 5th 2010. so my question is why did the doctors come back negative??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd trust the doctors test, they did blood work I'm assuming
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You could have had a faulty one, ask for a blood test.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• They could have not waited long enough for the test to produce a result. this ALMOST happend to me at my drs office, but i was like 4 weeks along when i got my positive, but they waited like litterally 30 seconds to determine if it was pos or not, the dr came in and was talking to me, then the nurse knocked on the door like 1 1/2 min later and i hear them talking outside the door, and she says looks like its going to be a positive!

uh whatever, and the dr was all trying to blow me off like i dont know anything about my body! LOL
    Anyway, good luck and i hope you get the answer you are looking for.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Someone did something wrong.
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would wan tto know
    1) how many tests did you do?
    2) did you use a variety of brands?
    3) when dod you get a + last?
    4) what test did the dr do and at when?
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 2:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Some doctors use a test like the ones at the store. Not all of them do blood tests, and if you haven't had a period in almost 2 months, I think you are pregnant or there is something wrong. I would go back, or go to another doctor. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• try a different doctor, and try the test again. something wasn't done right.
    aliciamarie1012

Answer by aliciamarie1012 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Did the Doctor do a blood test? If so, I would trust his test. If not, then I would ask for a blood test. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i took 3 pregnancy tests they were from the dollar store and one was a clear blue + symbol kind. and they all came back with a + symbol on them and they said read the results in 2 to 3 minutes and the + symbol came on as fast as 5 to 10 seconds.
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• tricia - are you the OP as the OP posted anon originally? If you are then I would believe the pee tests. I have been told that you cannot get a false positive. I think I'd go back to the dr and ask for them to do a blood draw again.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 6:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010