What time does your toddler (age 1 to 3) go to bed?

My kids go to bed between 8-9:30pm....does that sound too late? My MIL told me she would put my husband and his brothers to bed at 7! My 1 year old will not sleep through the night if she gets put down while it is still daylight!!

mommaofemma

Asked by mommaofemma at 2:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 2 and goes between 7 and 8....unless if he takes a nap in the afternoon. On these days, he will not go until around 9. I don't think your kids are going down too late...as long as they are getting enough rest.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 2:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• 7:30 That is the way that it has always been in our house From early on it was the schedule that the kids were put on. They usually sleep until 7ish and I love the time after they go to sleep.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• 9 pm, it would be earlier, but this is the time her big brother goes to sleep as well. DD is 3
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• 8
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• LOL...he went when i did. So, later.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• my 15 month old goes to bed usually around 10:30 or 11, but if he takes a late nap, sometimes he will stay up until even 12. if found that if i put him to bed any earlier then 10:30, he wakes up alot and very early in the morning. he still gets plenty of sleep though because he will usually wake up at 9 or 10 which works good for me too. i know eventually he will need to go to bed earlier, but this works good for us for now.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My almost 3 year old goes to bed at 9pm and sleeps till about 8am.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It was always 8:00 but since this summer it's been about 9:00 so we have to start working it back to at least 8:30 since Pre-School is starting soon. He'll be 4 in Oct.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• 8pm
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Not if you are a SAHM and they sleep until they wake up. I put my 10 month old down at 8:15 and the 2 yr old is down at 8:45ish. They both sleep then until between 8 and 9. Now if I had to get them up and get them to daycare and such, I would most likely have them down at 7 to have them up around then. But when the clocks change here in the fall, they will go down just a little earlier. I will probably put the baby down between 7:45 and the older by 8:30 at the latest.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010