Why get married if you are going to have an open marriage? If you want to sleep with other people, STAY SINGLE!! adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've often wondered the same thing....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have never really understood that either.....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Doesn't make sense to me. I guess they want the tax exemptions.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• While I would never be in an open marriage, I do understand why some people are.

I know someone who is in an open marriage and it works very well for them. She works full time, is a full time student, has a LOT of other things going on in her life, and honestly doesnt feel she has enough time to devote to her husband. So, he has a "girlfriend" who he sees a few times a week (she is widowed, so it works for her to not have to have a full time boyfriend, but also gets the comforts of a man).

So I see it, it works for some people. Personally, there is no way I would ever want my man sleeping with someone else, and there is no one else I would want to sleep with. Sooo, it wouldnt' work for me. But like I said, I understand in certain circumstances.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Why judge other people based on what they decide to do with their lives?

I spent 3 years in a healthy, happy polyamorous relationship with a married couple. We all loved one another. The relationship was incredible, between all 3 of us. The only reason we're not still together now is that he passed away, and the woman and I decided that because of the trauma, it was too hard for us to be together without what we considered the "best part of both of us."

Poly relationships can be beautiful and very healthy. It's not all about sleeping with someone else. I was with them almost a year before I slept with either of them. Polyamorous means "LOVING more than one." Not screwing around. And we were "poly-fidelists" which meant that we were exclusive to our triad - we didn't sleep with anyone outside the relationship.

Seriously, don't judge something you know NOTHING about.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You are so right!!!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I love how the people that answered the question properly get a thumbs down. You asked why, they told you why people do it. If you don't want all opinions on the subject don't post about it. How about if you want people to only post on your views you should title it, "Who else hates open marriage and thinks it's weird?"
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I know right? lol.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't understand it either, but if both are consenting adults, then who am I to judge?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Maybe they want the comfort of a life together, for financial reasons and growing old together, but are also of the opinion that monogamy is not natural for our species. Some people just think differently. I don't think it's something I would want, but it works for some people,so it is not my place to judge or condemn. It doesn't affect me.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 2:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010