How much money does your family make a year and are u comfortable with it?

My DH makes $30,000 a year and that is very comfortable for us...to alot of people it is not enough...we live in an apartment and are saving up for a condo/house to move into in 2 years.

mommaofemma

Asked by mommaofemma at 2:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• I make 18,000 or so a year.. and I suppose I'm happy with it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Just enough to keep the roof over our heads and food on the table.... I have ulcers from the stress.... but still have my sense of humor!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• This is very regional, so its tough to answer. I think you would be shocked to know that we are seriously struggling with the amount of money we make, but we live in one of the most expensive states in the country. Its all relative. Where are you all from?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• About 27,000 go figure
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We make enough for the roof over our heads and food on the table and clothes on our ass and the kids don't want for nothing. I wish we had more but what we have is just enough, we are happy and some day we will have more.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• in this town you'd need that much just for rent per year. Property tax is wildly high with our housing costs. I wish I could be that full disclosure..I make enough to be comfortable, but not enough to live high on the hog.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We live in PA, my husband is the only one working right now. We have three children. He makes $34,000/ yr
    We are just making it by- I shouldn't even say that because some of our bills are past due. (not by alot)
    I figured w/ what he brings home in a month and after we do bills we have about $100 left every week. IT's not a whole lot....
    cuteasabutton78

Answer by cuteasabutton78 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• about 40,000 take home pay. Alot goes to taxes and insurance.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• well i live in NY so that is not even close to enough. my ex-SO was making around 20,000 a year and he could not support us at all, my mom was helping us ALOT, she makes about 100,000 a year. i dont work yet, i just finished my associates degree and am working on my bachelors - taking the corrections officer test in october, if i get that job i will be making 40-50,000 a year which will be okay for now but once i graduate college i am hoping to make ATLEAST 60-80,000 to live comfortably in new york. you really need at least 100,000 all together income IMO to live comfortably in new york.
    for ex. - i pay1350 a month for my 1 bdrm apt, and thats not including utilities.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I am from wilmington IL and it is cheap out here our rent is $550 for a 2 bedroom apartment!
    mommaofemma

Comment by mommaofemma (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010