bloody show or spotting from exam? help please. adult content

at my 37 week appt my doc did a exam to check me and i was between 1-2cm and 50% and head was very low. this was at 3pm, at 11pm i went to pee and wiped a snotty clot with pink and red blood strings. nothing really after that. today at 2pm went and wiped and had a big glob of brown mucus. do you think this is from my exam or my bloody show? i usually spot but only light blood spots on a pad this was more mucus than anything else. what do you think? btw my first baby came at 37 weeks but i had no sighn before my water broke.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep, just irritation from the exam. That happened to my like every time.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• probably both. did the exam hurt or was the dr very forceful during the exam? if so, then the dr might have stripped your membranes w/o asking you.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• sounds like your mucus plug, but give your OB a call to be safe.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yeah, if it was snotty and gloppy...it was your mucus plug/bloody show.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Sounds like your mucous plug. But you can lose it and still go for a couple of weeks. Your body will make another one I believe.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i think it is probablly just from the exam. but if you are seeing it a lot i would def call your doctor.
    aliciamarie1012

Answer by aliciamarie1012 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think the best answer is that it can be either one. It is common to have some bleeding after an exam. However, with you saying thereis more mucas in it, and being 37 weeks, you should call the Dr. It may be your mucas plug. Good Luck Mama.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010