Another good reason NOT to have on sight daycare. IMHO adult content

There are a lot of people who think on sight daycare, meaning day care where you work, is quite handy and much easier on the working parent. I have worked for two different companies who had this, BUT, the daycare centers were in independent buildings from the company building. There is an ongoing situation of a gunman with a hostage in Silver Springs, Md. There is a daycare IN the building and it was heart wrenching to see the babies being pushed out in their cribs. ALL THE CHILDREN ARE SAFE! I guess I remember the Oklahoma City bombing and the daycare that was in that building. What do you think of this, a daycare at work?

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 2:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• i'm at odds with this. i presonal won't send mine to one. but there are people who don't have the family support thats needed. i knew a lady who was going through a very situation. her husband had died in a car crash and she had no family and had to go find work. she found one with an on sight and it helped her. but on the other hand i used to live in az and three daycare centers that were part of churches got held hostage. so don't think it can't happen it don't matter where the day cares located at, assholes are everywhere!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Sure, its scary to think of your kids being put in jeapordy because of where you work, but they could just as easily get shot in school. I think if an emergency situation came up, I'd prefer them to be close so that I can get to them.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'd go back to work if it were somewhere with on-site daycare. But since that isn't found very often in this economic slum known as Flint, MI... I'll remain a happy SAHM till DD heads off to school (in 4 years).
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Just because a couple of guys are disgusting doesn't mean that on-site daycare is a bad idea. Some people are just disgusting - remember the sick bastard a few years ago that took a shotgun to an Amish elementary school and executed all the children? And that was an AMISH school. Those kids didn't even know guns or bad guys existed.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think having a day care at the same place I work would be amazing!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think the benefits FAR outweigh the risks of having on site child care
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• it's an isolated incident. sometimes bad things happen, but it isn't enough to mke a generalization about all on-site daycares.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• An-Apple-a-day said it all. i want my child as close to me as possible.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I agree with most the benefits are better than the occasional if ever risk
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 2:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I still think onsite daycare is a good thing. A gunman could just walk into a daycare or into a home where a mom is a SAHM and harm a child if they wanted to. I suppose by your logic we should just lock ourselves in a bubble.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010