i keep having nightmares about my boyfriend cheating on me and want to know if this is experienced by others

when i was about five months pregnant my best guy friend told me he wanted to be with me. he lives an hour away and i keep waking up in the middle of the night with this feeling that he's cheating. i only get about 3 hours of sleep a night and can't nap during the day. does anyone know how i can get these nightmares to stop or is it because i'm pregnant?

mshodges87

Asked by mshodges87 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• obviously you're just self concious about him cheating, that is the only explainable reasoning as to why you'd be dreaming this. has he ever cheated before? or does he give you reasons to make you think hes cheating? sometimes dreams just come to you because they are thoughts that cross your mind but if he has never given you any reasoning to make you think he'd be cheating on you then just forget the dream ever happened :) i was self concious about this girl and him always talking because he used to like her and she would text him all the time and i would have dreams about him cheating on me with her.. but he wouldn't do it and i know this :) so as long as deep down you know, then you're good :) good luck with everything. i wish you nothing but the best!
    aliciamarie1012

Answer by aliciamarie1012 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I used to have the worst nightmares when I was pregnant!!! Talk to your OB about it, see if s/he can recommend anything.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I am 30 weeks pregnant and I have had crazy nightmares my whole pregnancy. I think it has a lot to do with hormones. It got so bad that I would wake up and my Husband would ask who he cheated with last night. LOL!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i had bad dreams when i was pregnant as well. talk to him about them & let him know how u fell... aslo talk to ur dr
    lolozig

Answer by lolozig at 2:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• When I was pregnant I did have dreams that my hubby was cheating. I don't think it is an uncommon dream though. If you think about it, while pregnant we have all these emotions and at times feel insecure about our size and weight. I wouldn't fret about it too much and maybe talk with him about your feelings and your dream.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It is most definintly the hormones of being pregnant and also in the back of your mind your probably a little self conscience about it. I get the same way. Also because when your pregnant you start feeling not pretty and stuff like that so it all adds in. I have bad dreams like that too
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010