what would you do - say anything or not?

the last couple days my dh has been acting like an acquaintance - talking to me as little as possible, acting impatient when i have anything to ask or say. he hasn't been rude but i feel like he's acting like he doesn't want to be around me, doesn't like me. he smokes pot everyday and we have an agreement on how much can be spent each week on that (say whatever you want - he doesn't drink at all and i prefer the weed to alcohol and am not against it i know it's illegal). last couple weeks his brother has been coming over smoking it up with him so he ran out for the week - too bad - we had an agreement. anyway i asked him if anything was wrong that he needed to talk to me about because i've been feeling like he doesn't want to have anything to do with me. he says nothing's wrong but i still feel like he is avoiding me and ignoring me. i went to run errands and he was on the phone when i came in. he went outside.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• dont bother. drugs make u act up when u run out and do things you usually wouldnt. if u want advice, the only thing that'll work is rehab, whether u its the answer u want or not.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• so i went in the room near where he was outside and i heard him saying something about being grounded, he can't get more weed until friday, and "you think your life sucks, dude." i don't feel like playing nice acting like everything's fine just because he doesn't feel like telling me what's up, but i don't think i should mention what i heard eavesdropping. i was just looking to find out some clues about why he's acting weird. oh yeah and i'm pregnant... i think his priorities are really messed up and he's a selfish childish ass but i don't think i'm ready for divorce there is alot of good stuff about him too he's just not showing me that side lately. should i push him to tell me what's bugging him? usually that leads to a fight but eventually he talks. i dunno.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• sorry to jump to conclusions, but it sounds like there is someone else and he's there out of convenience....now I don't know the whole story but I've seen this alot before in friends and thats always the case, the fact that he had to leave to talk on the phone makes it even more suspicious and thats what my ex used to do to me....but they tend to pull away not wanting to be an adult and end it they want you to be the bad guy so-to-speak.....but you have to find out whats going on regardless of anything else....I mean in a twist it could have been he was ordering a dozen roses for you or something....be careful be true to you and good luck
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 2:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• yeah he tries to tell me he can't eat or sleep unless he has pot - what a joke. last time he had to go without he ate and slept just fine and he doesn't eat half the day anyway with weed. i'm waiting for him to say some stupid shit like that again so i can point out where the real problem is - if you can't function without the crap you need rehab. he won't go though i know that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It could be a simple as he is just in a funk and doesn't want to talk about it or more serious as in cheating. Some guys have to distance themselves from you emotionally and physically when they move on and are too cowardly to let you know. They would rather you break up with them so they can blame it on you. I hate to say it, but if you looked up the warning signs for an unfaithful SO you would be like... check, check, check....
    MokaMommy

Answer by MokaMommy at 2:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• you know his behaviors best so yea if you have to fight before you get some straight answers then fight...if thats what it takes.....go for it....maybe cutting down the pot too
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 2:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• its the pot. believe me, its the pot. you might think pot is no big deal, but some people really get addicted and are not the same when they are smoking pot everyday. you need to put a stop to that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• he is not cheating i could almost guarantee that. i knew that someone would think that but as much of a prick as he is that is not one of his faults. i know he went outside because last time he was whining to his brother about how much his life sucked he did it right in front of me and it pissed me off - i don't think it was his brother this time. i think mainly he's acting like a childish ass because he can't have his way so he's trying to make me feel bad too. i am annoyed but i sure don't feel bad...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Find out if he's cheating !
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• So what do you think his problem is. Sometime when people are going though a thing in life they back away. Could it be something that he is going though? Is there stresses in the house like bills late or anything like that?

Momma I feel the same way you do about the weed thing so don't think your gonna get shit from about that. So people in this world are very CLOSED MINDED so if any come on here let it go in one ear and out the other.
    I would let him know that you very much feel that something is bothering him. Let him know how he is making you feel and see what comes out or what he has to say about that.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010