New regulations are changing the "1 and 20" law to "2 and 30."

Are you going to have to turn your kiddo back around to rear-facing? Are you ERFing already? Do you refuse to turn your child around? Why?

WomanWitty

Asked by WomanWitty at 2:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My son was 30 pounds at a year I still kept him rear facing until he was 2 1/2 years old. I don't worry about the law as much as I worry about what is safe and right for my child. The law is usually the bare minimum a person can do and not always what is the safest.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• the AAP changed their recommendtions, no states have changed their laws though
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I turned mine as soon as I could~seeing a kid on O2 face's is important and no mirror could do it. I know people who need to have their kids flat to keep them breathing...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• my DS is almost 5, so we are past ERF, but I 100% support it
    in fact, a fellow cafemom'er's DH was driving with 2 of their children today and were hit so hard it sent the car through a fence. The medics told her that if her DS was not ERF, he probably would not have survived. He made it with a few scratches and bruises
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My kids will rearface to the max of their carseats...meaning 40+lbs.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I understand. Colorado is *almost* ready to change the law as well as some other states. I was just asking if people were changing based on the recommendation. Maybe I should have used the word "recommendation" instead of "regulation."
    WomanWitty

Comment by WomanWitty (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2010