how crazy is this?

i was talking to my sister, and she said that most of her friends are voting for Obama because, get this, there is a rumor going around that he is going to make cocaine legal. mind you, these are young voters, most of them not even 21 yet. how crazy is that? not even doing research, just going by a rumor! I've also spoken with some women, and we somehow get to talking about politics, and when i asked them why they're voting for Obama, the only reason they give me is because he is black. I ask if there are other reasons, they said no, they just think it's time for a black president. WTH? don't people actually do their research anymore? Please tell me i'm not the only one that pays attention to the important things!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• well if that were the case that he would make it legal....i would be FURIOUS!! all we need is some more drugs and violence to make this county better! (sarcasm) :)
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 10:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Oh sweet lord. Whoever told them that stupid rumor is...stupid. lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• ..that's a really stupid reason to vote for someone {both reasons}
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 10:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• IT IS AMAZING WHAT CAN SWAY A VOTER.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I'm voting for Obama but if I was to find out that cocaine would be legalized before November I would change my vote. What is this shit?
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Okay aftr googling...Obama is not for legalizing coke/crack
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Most of my high school students were black and all the 18 year olds were going to vote for Obama simply because he's black. It makes me soooo mad! If he were for an issue they were against, they wouldn't even know it.
    Anonymous

• lol... i know he's not for legalizing it. it's just a rumor. i was just saying that they're voting for him because of the rumor that they heard, they weren't even looking into anything else. when she told me this, i highly doubted that he would do that. that would put his polls down big time!
    Anonymous

• I'm white.... and i know whyI'm voting for Obama
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• SADLY THEY DONT AND THIS IS WHATS WORRIES ME SOOO MUCH.

IM NOT VOTING FOR HIM BECUASE HE IS HORRIBLE AND VOTED YES TO 3RD TRIMESTER ABORTIONS!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2008