Have no clue were to put this, so I am just putting it some where. (TMI for some) adult content

I have a 3 yr old who I know is ready for big girl panties. She won't pee in them at all. She will always go to the potty or tell me if we are out and about. But she will poop in them and it drives me nuts. She poops 2-3 times a day. She has been ready since she was a little over 2 yrs old. So we have been working on it. I just need to know how the heck do I potty train her for her poop. I have tried the sticker award thing and it does not work at all. I have tried putting her on every 30 mins for 5 mins and it did not work at all. I am at my wits end about this. Someone please help! Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm in the same boat. I even got him a bag of Reeses Pieces (he loves peanut butter) and told him that he can have some if he poops in the potty, but it's not working. Tried showing him poop in the potty too and nope, not having it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Have her clean the undies...and watch how fast that stops the pooping in the undies.
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 11:16 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Take some of it and put in the potty just before you sit her on it. Let her see that it's ok to poop in there. If you can convince her that she did it , that would be better.

Sometimes it's traumatic to poop in the potty since they feel like they are losing a part of themselves.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I actually bought the cute cartoon and character undies. My kids wanted to wear their favorites right away but they had to be able to go a day with no accidents and then they could wear them the next day. When they did get to wear them and they were relaxed about it and had an accident they were actually a little upset with themselves because now their favorites were really dirty! It was cute but a good lesson for them at that age. Good Luck.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• marchar2002---I have done that and it did not work.

Jademom07- i have done that also.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My son had a few poop accidents in underwear and soon realized that it was totally disgusting and learned to go to the bathroom instead. Sometimes you just have to be patient and eventually they come around.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• By her some of her favorite character panties and tell her these are for big girls who do not go to the bathroom in their pants. If she has an accident while wearing them, put the panties away for awhile If she wants the underwear bad enough she will learn to use the potty.
    soccerfanatic13

Answer by soccerfanatic13 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Radarma, I am so going to do that. I have not thought of that. I pray it works.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2010