Does your SO ever act/seem like something is bothering him but swears up and down nothing's wrong?

For the past few weeks my DH has been acting different. Like something's on his mind, kind of like he's distracted. His facial expression always looks sad or angry. Our marriage is going great, from what I know. I'm beginning to wonder if it's not something at work. I know he gets really aggravated with some people he works with, but he always tells me about it. I've asked him about why he looks so down, but he tries to reassure that nothing's wrong and that I'm just looking into it too far or whatever. I know we've been having some issues with money lately, but he has never worried about it in the past. I'm the one that worries, not him. It's just really starting to bug me when he looks and acts this way every single day.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, my DH does this too. Men are so hard to get to open up about things and it drives me crazy. We have a good relationship but it could be so much better if he would learn to open up.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 3:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes, it's been bugging me too. Every time I see his forehead crinkle (it happens when he is upset about something) I ask what's up but he always says nothing is wrong, everything is fine. It's driving me bonkers.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• YES!! He does it all the time and then he will get mad at ME for asking him what's wrong!!! lol its ridiculus
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• He does that alot and I usually have to pry it out of him. I do the same thing tho
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• when my dh does that i tell him look i can tell something's on your mind it's one thing to not be ready to talk about it but don't blow smoke up my ass and tell me there's nothing on your mind - that's treating me like i'm stupid and i don't appreciate it. he's learned to let me know when he is not ready to talk and that is much easier to take than basically being told i'm crazy... i know that's not his intent. men like to figure things out on their own alot of times - it's not that he's keeping things from you it's just he wants to deal with it... let him know if there is any way you can help you'd like to, and also be available to listen without trying to put your two cents in... and let him know you can do that. my dh shuts down conversations when he just wants to talk and i want to "help"
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• every once in a great while my BF will do this. I have adapted something new.... every night when we sit down for dinner, I ask him to tell one good thing about his day, one bad/annoying thing, one funny thing. If he still won't mention what is bothering him, then I simply say, it seems like something is bothering you. I understand if you don't want to talk about it right now, but just remember that I am here for you whenever you need to talk.

You have to make him feel comfortable & confident. Leave the ball in his court & don't pester him.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• That's the thing, my DH is open with me about things. Then out of nowhere he starts looking like something's on his mind, but he won't share. It's just unusual for him.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2010