so i preglued fake nails from the store, im not confident they will stay on the whole time....

so i bought super glue for nails. im kind of nervous using super glue as im worried about if the super glue will glue them on forever lol and im serious!!!!

so im asking about the super glue...will they eventually come off withen time by themselves?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• heres what you do.. apply nail polish remover to ensure there are no oils on your nails.

get the file out of the nail kit and buff the top layer of the nails.. so the service is a little rough.. brush away with a clean dry make up brush..

then apply the glue, although I use the nail glue.. and then the nails.

this will help them stay on longer.. typically 2-3 days minimum vs. the few hours or maybe a day minimum that just applying them straight to the nail plate.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I did nails for years. Superglue is actually used to mend a broken nail. It is also very similar to the formula used to glue nail tips oon before acrylic application. It'll be fine. When you want them off, soak them in PURE acetone for about and hour.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• They will come off sometime, but superglue may damage your nails..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ( i say minimum because I know how I am with my nails, lol. when I apply them I treat them like my normal nails, and typically this means I'll end up taking them off after a day or two because of the abuse they get to them, like scratches in the paint, etc).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• super glue no but nail glue yes
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 2:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010