Pawlenty wants to run for president, would you vote for him?

The people of Minnesota are counting the days for this guy to be done. He is destroying the education system in Minnesota and has cut so much money from funds for cities and counties that they are forced to lay off law enforcement as well as other essential staff. He wouldn't let the elected officials help balance the state's budget, stepped in and forced his own personal agenda on the entire state. He keeps saying no new taxes but this state has so many new "fees" set up by him the dictionary should put the two together in the thesaurus. Someone said its like if people won't play the game by his rules, he's going to take his toys and yours and go home. Twincities.com has a new article about him about his latest antics. At least his days are dwindling down for his days in office in MN (when he's here that is and not campaigning on our tax dollars that should be used elsewhere).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Right now, I prefer Mike Pence....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't know. I couldn't say who I would vote for before i have a look at all the candidates. If you were to say it's Obama or Pawlenty, then I'd say YES.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Then do your homework on this guy itsmesteph, because you would regret your vote.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I live in MN and one of my friends lives in s school district that is cutting down to 4 days a week. If that isn't the most idiotic thing ever. This is due to Pawlenty tax cuts. And don't forget, OP, that Pawlenty got sued, AND LOST, for trying to pass a budget cuts that would cut services to the very poorest of Minnesotans, disabled people and old people. He's an idiot. I am glad he's so busy campaigning that he is never in MN anymore.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I always like to see what a candidate's current constituents think of someone. Intersting to see some of the responses above. Apparently Minnesotans don't think much of Pawlenty. An excerpt from CNN.com:

"According to a new survey from Minnesota Public Radio and the Humphrey Institute, 54 percent of Minnesotans aren't too keen on the governor's frequent out of state trips, which usually include visits to important presidential nominating states. Only 31 percent of voters approve of his busy travel schedule.

In even worse news for Pawlenty, Minnesota Republicans apparently would prefer Mitt Romney as their presidential choice than their own governor.

Stacked up against Romney, Pawlently loses 45-32 percent. In a matchup against Sarah Palin, Pawlenty comes out on top 59-24 percent. "

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/01/as-he-considers-2012-bid-pawlenty-takes-hit-at-home/

Answer by gdiamante at 4:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't vote for Pawlenty. Never. I am a Minnesotan and he is an embarassment.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010