Vitex & More questions.... adult content

What is it? What does it do? Is it safe for breastfeeding? What other products might I take to help increase fertlitity? I have not had my first PP period but I had my IUD taken out a month ago and still breastfeed my 11 month old son. So I don't know if my no period is from breastf eeding or the mirena IUD or both. LOL Cause he is older and eats a ton of food but still night feeds.

Also, I have been feeling very wet down there, with whitish discharge that forms a ball and sinks to the bottom of the toliet...when I wipe its kinda whitish and slimy..ick TMI

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Vitex is an extremely safe herb that is particularly good for the female organs. Not only is it safe while breastfeeding but many have used it to increase milk supply with great sucess.

Vitex has been used in studies for up to 9 years with NO side effects so it's considered to be extremely safe. It's generally considered to be a slow working herb because it slowly regulates the hormone levels into normal, healthy levels. However it works a lot faster for some women and slower for others. It is considered highly effective in women who are trying to bring fertility back because of breastfeeding, PCOS and birth control side effects.

It can also help with Luteal Phase Defects that often occur in the first 2-4 cycles a women has after her period returns while breastfeeding. LPD is when your Luteal Phase (time from ovulation to first day of next period) is less than 11 days. The temporary, BF induced defect happens as a
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• result of the Prolactin (breastfeeding hormone) supressing Progestrone which is the hormone both necessary for a healthy LP and for substaining pregnancy.

There is a VERY GOOD herbal blend that contains Vitex called Fertility Blend. You can find it at www.fertilityblend.com and some health food store but be CAREFUL not to purchase a immitation brand because there are plenty out there.

This blend is recommended by many OBGYNs and Fertility Specialist and is CLINCALLY PROVEN to work.

As a matter of fact I have a friend who had a pretty severe LPD and was able to correct it AND get pregnant within two weeks of taking it.

I've also know 3 different women with various fertility issues including PCOS which supressed normal cycles who have had great sucess with Vitex.

Vitex is about 3 dollars a bottle and Fertility Blend is significantly more expensive but in my opinion well worth it.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• what's your opinion of the discharge...ick!
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It sounds like your body is trying to ovulate. When you are fertile you will have discharge similar to that of raw egg whites. Occationally there is some white in there, particularly when your body is gearing up for ovulation. I wouldn't be worried about the mucus at all.

I would recommend getting the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility to learn about charting so that you can know exactly what's going on with your body at all times.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010