Artificial Insemination

Is there anyone who has had artificial insemination done to help them conceive? What were the costs, how long did it take for you to get pregnant using this method and what brought you to decide upon this procedure?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 3:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• my husband and i had a iui done...it was around $350 plus the $75 for sperm washing..it was a total waste for us it didnt work..it only took the dr about 5mins to do the procedure..the only reason we tried this was bc we had been ttc for 4yrs and were desperate
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Unfortunately, we don't have alot of years left to keep trying which is why I am putting a bit of stress on myself to do all that I can.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I did it because I was taking injectable fertility drugs to induce ovulation. I had to go in for frequent ultrasound monitoring because of the fertility drugs.  The IUI was very cheap in comparison to the meds and monitoring, and my doctor told me using IUI would increase our odds of conceiving.  The IUI itself was a very quick procedure and the cost was between $300 and $500 (drugs and monitoring was between $5k and $10K per cycle).  I conceived twins on my second round of injectables with IUI, but that was about 3 years after my first doctor's visit.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• After multiple miscarriages over many years, I went to a Reproductive Specialist and did IVF with PGD. The first time it did not work, the second time it did!! I have a wonderful little Boy! Each time it cost us $12,000 out of pocket for what was not covered by Insurance. I did PGD (pre-genetic diagnosis) & found out for whatever reason my eggs were mostly flawed. I had a 24% chance and it worked.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010