Re-testing? adult content

If you have had numerous tests done on both the male and female to check for fertility issues several years ago, would you have them done again to see if there are new or the same issues to still deal with when trying to conieve again?
My hubby has a lower sperm count and there was nothing found to be wrong with my reproductive system, but that was 7 9 years ago. In the past year, we have just begun to truly care about how we eat, what and how much as well as a multivitamin and exercise; things that we weren't doing for a long time. We are hoping that these factors are also going to help us to conceive. We have only been trying for the past 2 months so I know it could take up to 2 years or more to acheive a pregnancy as we are both in our late 30's as well. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 3:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yes since he has a lower count you should be retested..by doing so you will know what your next steps in the process would be..i mean if they are to the point of being so low that its not worth yall trying without help why waste those precious months when you could have a dr step in help you guys out..also pineapple increases a mans sperm count..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• if you can afford it why not get the tests done again it'll ease the stress of wondering, and let you know what you are facing.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I seen something on tv that showed a couple like you. The mans sperm was taken. And the good sperm was put in the wife at the right time of the month.

Answer by louise2 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• louise2, that is probably artificial insemination, I believe. I am considering this as well.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I watched "The View" the other day and they had a fertility specialist on the show. He said that the first step is always testing. He also said that you can't consider yourself infertile until you have been trying 12-18 months. I would get retested and then ask what you can do to help your chances. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 3:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It's best to get tested again prior to starting treatment, you never know what could have changed in the 7-9 years its been since you were tested last; I believe that if you are over 30 they say to get tested if you try for 6 months. Good luck to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would try for another few months.. after 6 months of following your ovulation, and nothing, then I would check up and see if his sperm count is still an issue.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2010