I keep getting asked...

Why I don't say "Bye" when I hang up the phone.

I don't know WHY I don't... I just don't.

I usually tell my patients to "have a nice day" or something along those lines and if someone is giving me info I say "thanks".

I just don't see the use for the word "Bye".

Is that as odd as everyone is making it out to be? I never even realized I did that until I started working at my current job and someone brought it up.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 3:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no i dont think its weird a friend of mine just says later..each to their own
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My husband does that and it is kind of weird when you're first getting used to it. He's especially bad because he ends conversations abruptly lol and then he usually says something to the effect of "i'll call you back" and it's just what he says instead of bye, but sometimes that ends up getting him in trouble when he doesn't call back lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• whatever you feel comfortable saying. if people don't like, tell them not to call you.
    dastephan6

Answer by dastephan6 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• "Bye" finalizes the conversation and lets everyone know it's time to hang up.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think "have a nice day" is fine, not weird at all.

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 3:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Come to think of it I don't say "bye" either I say "have a good one" or "I'll talk to you later"
    MilkingMomma

Answer by MilkingMomma at 3:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Not weird at all, I usually say Love ya or Have a nice day or cya later.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think it's a bit odd, but who am I to talk! lol. Around here our phone conversations end with good-bye or bye bye! Like jazz says, it just let's everyone know the conversation is over and you're hanging up. Although m ds's developmental pediatrician is from New Zealand and he doesn't say good bye! At first I thought we might have been disconnected until dealing with him more often! But whatever works for you!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• lol...ohh man, i hate it when the other person doesnt say bye...it ends the conversation!! my brother never says bye either..drives me craaaazy!! lol but i know not everyone does, so im somewhat, ok with it..LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Lol, MamaSarah1104 I've been known to just end a convo and hang up and not mean anything negative by it but because of my abrupt ending of the convo it is taken that way. :(
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010