What are some good herbal supplements for joint pain/arthritis?

I am only 25 but I have joint pain/arthritis in my hands, hips, knees, and feet bad.

I like to try herbal supplements first and don't have insurance so the doctor is out of the question right now anyhow.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 3:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• DH and I both take glucosamine & msm, some take the glucosamine with condritin. We also take tumeric pills. We get them at Whole Foods, but I would guess that most natural foods places would have them. The glucosamine we get at Costco.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My mom takes glucosamine and msm. She also uses calcium chews.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Link text

I have ordered some of this and am going to try it for a couple of months. Looks like good stuff and Dr recommended.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Cayenne lotion- mix cayenne pepper powder with your favorite hand and body lotion until the lotion is a light pink color, then apply topically when needed. (don't get in eyes or mouth) I use this for my carpal tunnel, i apply it at night and then put moisturizeing gloves on.

Ginger root or garlic can also be mixed into lotions or drank in a tea to help.

wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Thank you wildwiccan83 but I have a 5 month old infant who I have to get up continuously with throughout the night. I would be worried I would mistakenly get it on him and harm him in some way. :(

But I bet that does work and I bet it feels great! I may have to try it one day when daddy is home and then shower and scrub very well. :)
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010