charting question

I just started charting this month cycle, today is cycle day 18/37. I'm using fertilityfriend.com, today it is says after entering my morning temp that I'm now 3 dpo. I always thought I would be ovulating later on in my cycles since mine is longer! Could I have ovulated already? would that make my luteal phase too long? I'm sooo confused and paranoid I'm doing this all wrong! :(

sloppyjo82

Asked by sloppyjo82 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is probably still thinking that you are a normal 28 day cycle. I would keep doing what you are doing and give it a couple months to get a good understanding of what your body is doing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Your LP can be up to 17 days long and still be considered normal.

You may have ovulated earlier this month than usual. With the exception of having a luteal phase defect of some kind your luteal phase usually will be the same every single month. It's your ovulation date that can occationally change due to circumstances in your life that can range from evironmental changes to weight loss.

I would wait until you are 18 days past ovulation if you haven't started before then and test. If it comes up negative look at possible environmental changes in you bedroom that could be changing the temperature of your body in the morning such as a broken a/c or not using a fan anymore, etc.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010