My daughter has one eye that stays open wider than the other, anyone else experience this?

This just started Sunday evening, I brought it up to DH but he seems to think it is no big deal. It freaks me out a little just because I don't want her to have problems. She is 3mo 3wks and her left eye stays open wider than her right, it will go fully closed when she is sleeping but if she is just resting with her eyes 'closed' the left will be cracked open, and if she is wide awake and excited the left will be open wider, almost looks like a pop-eye.Her next doctors appointment is Sept 21. My question is do I go with DH idea and just wait until the doctors appt. or do I call the doc tomorrow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• call the dr. and ask to talk to the triage nurse...explain it to them and ask if you should come in sooner than your appt. I'm might be a form of lazy eye....that affects the lid.....good luck let us know how she goes....
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 4:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Call the doctor, without a doubt. I've called for lesser things than that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think she can wait a couple of weeks- it's probably nothing major. Ususally they won't do anything about a baby's eyes until after they are a a year old. My son had a clogged tear duct- they had to repair it after he turned 1. His lazy eye (different from what you described) had to be surgically corrected at age 5 yr & 7 yr. Start making your list of ques. for the Dr. now- including a ref to a pediatric eye Dr.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Call the doctor and ask. Whenever I was freaking out abt something I was able to call the baby nursury in the hospital and talk to a nurse
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010