What Are Some Strange Phone Calls You Have Gotten?

Have you ever had strange phone calls? What were they?

One that comes to mind that I got was I asnwer the phone and there is the sound of a boat horn and then the personstarts to talk to me with all diferent kinds of sound effeects going on in the background. I don't know who it was.

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 4:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I get all kinds of crazy calls, if you transpose the last four digits of my phone number you get the pharmacy around the corner. I can't begin to tell you how many messages are left on my machine for prescriptions. I swear people don't listen when you answer the phone... then of course I get the thing were you pick up the ringing phone and a recording tells you to please hold... uummmm... why, I didn't make the call?
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• lol well its more texts for me. one time i got a text from a person that said "hey man, its (name). how's it going? do you have any weed for me?" so i texted them back and said "hey man, you got the wrong number" and it ended there.

i had gotten someone that texted me something like "can you work for me today?" so i had said "would love to work for you but you got the wrong person"

and of course a stranger that had stole a friend's phone and texted everybody in his phone hoping for a naked pic. which was creepy.

idk its just funny to get random texts like that
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Once, I got a call at about 2am. I let it go to voicemail, but being totally pissy about the phone waking me up at 2am, I listened to the message so I knew who to bitch at the next day since the number was blocked. The message said, "Hi, this is Britney, your best friend! I'm in town this weekend and want to hang out, so give me a call!" I sat there for like ten minutes just thinking to myself, "Do I even know anyone named Britney? I don't think I do. I know for sure I don't have a best friend named Britney..."

Lately, I've been getting an automated call saying that my ATM card from Pacific Crest Credit Union has been deactivated. It's a scammer trying to get my ATM card number. Funny thing is, I've never had an account with Pacific Crest Credit Union.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I got a text the other night : I need some meat. I responded: try a butcher. and the right number.
    We used to have a number ONE digit off of a temp company. Like it was 000-JOBS. But our number was 000-5027. They would dial the zero instead of the number for the 'O'. People would argue with us, tell us we were lying. So, we would tell them, nope, we aren't hiring men today. Nope, no women. No...whatever they happened to be. And hang up.
    That must have been a possed number. We had some girl call for Jimmy. She wouldn't stop. So finally I asked her why she wanted to talk to him. She asked who I was, I said I was the girl ____'n Jimmy. She never called back. Well, she kept calling even though time and time again we told her it was the wrong number. And nicely.
    AND, these people would call for, Tweety. Something like that. MONTHS. Finally I had fun with them, too. Until HE called. Then HE had them stop calling us. ;)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Recently I got a call. Brett was calling for Joe. Told him,no Joe here,wrong number. He tells me to quit playing,put Joe on! I told him,you have the wrong number dude! I hang up. He calls back. C'mon lady,quit f*cking with me,put Joe on! I got mad,told him there was no Joe here,quit calling. He calls me a bitch and hangs up on me!
    Why do they argue with you? Do they think we're not aware of who lives in our own house?!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ohh i get so many...lol..but my strangest one wasnt a phonecall..it was thru a walkie talkie, while i was at work, and a li boy came on and was like mommy where are you?? help me, help me, mommy!!!!!!!! it was actually kinda scary..cuz he sounded like he was 4-5 yrs old..and yaa it went on for a few minutes...and then finally i heard him say THERE YOU ARE!! weeeeeird!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• On my old #,I used to get calls from the local hospital - all hours of the day and night. If I answered, the guy hung up. If I didn't, he left some very disturbing voicemails on my phone. Let's just say he found my outgoing voicemail *AROUSING* and would stay on the line till he FINISHED HIS BUSINESS! O_O! But the scariest and wierdest part was the last message where he used my NAME and said he couldn't wait to see me again because I was beautiful! I ended up calling the cops and the hospital! They said it could have come from ANY ROOM, inculding the Psych Ward!

For awhile, my cell was getting a lot of hook-up texts at 2 or 3 am. (Hey girl, where u be?, etc) but that finally, blessedly stopped, after I repeatedly told them that is was the wrong number and they'd been ditched by whatever girl they met at the bar cause she gave them MY number instead of HERS!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I had some lady call me and started carrying on a conversation like I was her best friend and then she said Jenny are you still there and I said umm this isn't Jenny, she hung up the phone real quick one of the weirdest calls I have had.
    coryswife8183

Answer by coryswife8183 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2010