Year Round School, I'm freakin' out!

I just found out that the school that my DD will be going to when we move is a year round school. I've never dealt with one and don't really know much about them.
It also seems that she will be starting just 3 days before intersession.
I have no idea who I am gonna get to watch her during this. I think I'm freaking out a little.

Can anyone give me some info on it, and maybe how you manage childcare during the breaks?

Gealach

Asked by Gealach at 4:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• http://www.nayre.org/

This might help
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It is a juggling act for sure. At one point I had my step-son living with us and all three kids where on different tracks. We used a day care center. If they are located in a track school system, they have the schedules down pat. I dropped them off on my way to work and then the bus from the center took them to school and back to the center after school. During the off track times, they stayed at the center all day, as normal daycare. But they had lots of field trips and outings to go on. They never got bored. Check at the school, cause the school has the listings for all the bus services from the daycares in the area that makes stops at the school each day,,...and good luck, it will be ok
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• in our area the city offers day camps for kids off track.
    tommysweet

Answer by tommysweet at 5:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Haven't heard of it in my area yet, but then I don't have kids in school.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Oh I would love year round school! You would treat intersessions just as you would any other school break. They aren't going to school any more days total just taking more frequent shorter breaks. So my guess is since your area does this their is Church, City, YMCA, Karate, Dance, ect. camps going on during that time for working parents as well as of course day care centers. You could even check with the school for recommendations on camps in the area.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010