Another glucose test?!?!?!

So I went in and had my blood glucose test last week and the doctors office called back and said that I needed to come back and do the three hour one because it was a little high and I am freaking out!! What does that mean and what happens if this one is high too?? This is my 3rd pregnancy and I NEVER had this problem before!!!

ladybugky88

Asked by ladybugky88 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• don't worry, its probably nothing, maybe you ate a big meal the night before or something and it screwed up your numbers. I had to do this with all three of my pregnancies because i was borderline GD and it sucked :P Hopefully the 3hr one will come back fine and you won't have to go on insulin or check your blood sugar throughout the rest of your pregnancy. i did with my 3rd and poking myself 3times a day for 5+ months was NOT FUN! at least i didn't need insulin though, my sister did and i couldn't imagine having to give myself a shot every day :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Just means they need to do a check to make sure it is not GD. If you fail this one. You will be put on a special diet. To see if that works. Good luck.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• What it means is that you may have to start checking your blood glucose dally because I have to do that. I hope ever thing works out for you.

cat708

Answer by cat708 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Ugh it just makes me so scared and mad!!! LOL. With my first I was still in high school and I was dumb and irresponsible and didn't eat right at all or take vitamins or anything and with my second I was having a period until I was 4 and a half months pregnant so I didnt even find out I was pregnant until then and with this one I have been doing everything right!! I have been going to the dr since I was 8 weeks and taking my vitamins EVERY night and also eating good and not to much and this happens!!!!!!
    ladybugky88

Comment by ladybugky88 (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Dont freak out, i happen to know how you feel. This happen to me two. My first pregnancy i had no problems, but my secound pregnancy they made my do the three hour test because they say the first was high. I did the test and there were no problems. I think is the drink they make you drink. Good luck :)
    AnaRosa1107

Answer by AnaRosa1107 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I failed my first one too, but passed the 3 hour (it was torture, LOL). I think most actually fail the 1st one (I think they like to torture pregnant women w/ the 3 hour, LOL). Hang in there.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• If you fail the 3 hour you have Gestational Diabetes. No biggie. You will have to control your blood sugar levels with diet, sometimes pills and sometimes insulin depending on how bad it gets. You and your little one will be just fine and there is nothing you could have done to cause or prevent this. I had it with my son . I was diagnosed with it at 16 weeks. U failing the one hour also could have been a fluke thing and you will pass the 3 hour with ease. If you have any questions about GD feel free to message me :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• If you fail the second test, it means you have gestational diabetes. Don't beat yourself up about it. There's nothing you can do about it. It's not your fault and will go away after birth.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010